Finally Microsoft has incorporated a new feature in the latest build (7057) of Windows 7which supports the end user to change the log on screen background without using any hacks or third-party tools.
In previous version of Windows, user had to use third-parry tools like Tune-Up-Utilities to change the log on screen background easily. Windows 7 now supports customization of Windows 7 log on screen officially. Replacing the old log on screen is just another task like changing wallpaper (Desktop background).
Windows 7 log on background
Follow the procedure below to change the Windows 7 log on screen.
1. Download the registry file from here. Extract the file and double-click on the file to enable this feature (Alternative method: right-click, select Merge)here it is the link- http://www.mediafire.com/?si38ylldier9cvl-
2. Now, head over to the following folder:
C:WindowsSystem32oobe (“C” is your Windows Seven Installation drive)
3. Here, create a new folder named Info. Again, create a new folder inside the Infofolder and rename it as backgrounds.
4. Copy your favorite image file to this folder and rename it as backgroundDefault. Note that the image must be in JPG format and the size should be less than 256 KB.
5. You are done. Reboot your system and see the change.
The following files (sorted by width-to-height ratio) are supported in C:WindowsSystem32oobeInfoBackgrounds folder:
* background768×1280.jpg (0.6)
* background900×1440.jpg (0.625)
* background960×1280.jpg (0.75)
* background1024×1280.jpg (0.8)
* background1280×1024.jpg (1.25)
* background1024×768.jpg (1.33-)
* background1280×960.jpg (1.33-)
* background1600×1200.jpg (1.33-)
* background1440×900.jpg (1.6)
* background1920×1200.jpg (1.6)
* background1280×768.jpg (1.66-)
* background1360×768.jpg (1.770833-)